Press Releases are still a valuable tool in the age of Social Media. In fact, you can reach many more potential people with Social Media than in the “good old days.” As I was editing this post I read a terrific post on the Spin Sucks blog. Gini Dietrich‘s main point was that PR is not publicity and publicity is not PR. She is correct. Many who commented on the blog, including me, agreed.
Here are 20 reasons, spread across six categories, for issuing a Press Release:
1) Organizational changes
4) New Hires
5) Opening of new facilities
6) Introduce new products
7) Introduce new services
8 Product enhancements
9) Contracts awarded
10) Contracts received
Mergers and Acquisitions
14) Receipt of investment by third party
15) Initial Public Offering
16) Secondary Stock Offering
Other Cool Ideas
17) Progress Report on initiatives
18) Case Study
19) Employees and officers named to non-profit boards
20) Awards received
Press Releases are a great way to spread news about your company. There are hundreds of reasons to issue one.
Those are some my reasons. Please comment below.
- What other reasons would you add to the list?
- What is your favorite reason for utilizing press releases?
- What has been your experience with using press releases?
If you would like to contact me, you may do so by visiting my LinkedIn page or e-mailing me at rcberman2 (at) yahoo.com.