Why would I want to put my Press Release Online?
- build links back to your site
- build your online brand
- help position you or your company as experts
- searchable on news wire services forever
- the content is indexed by search engines
- published within hours of submission
- can embed links, videos, podcasts
- RSS can spread the release for and wide
- Allows you to include the keywords that you are focusing on
There are many Online Press Release Services available.
Michael Hartzell, a blogger compiled a list of over 60 press release websites online.
Tips for writing The Online Press Release
- determine what your key words are
- use photos, video, etc
- have a hook in the story to grab attention
- focus on one message for each release
- know your audience – speak to them in the right language and tone
- be relevant – your content should be relevant and timely
- satisfy customer demand – create content on hot topics for those viewing the Press Release.
- alt tag all images to make them searchable
- include a link to your website home page
- include a link to the product or service page that you talked about in the release
- include a link to a blog post that is relevant to the topic
- put key words in the URL string
Online press releases should be part of your marketing mix. They reach a different and broader audience than your offline press releases.
That is the information. What do you think? Please comment below.
1. Do you use online press releases?
2. How effective have you found them to be?
3. What other advice would you add?