Four ways that the success stories can be utilized in the Media are:
Pitching Stories to the Media
A well-written e-mail or scripted phone call to media contacts with a compelling customer success story can get the creative juices flowing. Writers and reporters need to fill pages and airtime each day. Make their jobs easier by providing compelling content.
Feature the story in an advertisement that is run in an industry publication, local newspaper or in an online publication.
Writers and editors like to tell a story in their articles. Live examples with local companies grab the attention of readers. Making a connection is what the writer is seeking to do and featuring local personalities helps.
Contributed or By-lined Article
Targeting a story to an industry publication plays to the relevancy angle. I have utilized this technique myself. The article ended up being the cover story. The result was fantastic publicity and a reprint opportunity.
I have written 4 other posts on Customer Success Stories. Click below to read them.
- Leveraging Customer Success Stories in Communications Vehicles
- Using Customer Service Stories in the Sales Process
- 6 Techniques to Repurpose Customer Success Stories
- 6 More Techniques to Repurpose Customer Success Stories
Customer Success Stories are a great technique to use when pitching the media with a story concept or idea.
Those are the ideas. What are your ideas? Please comment below.
1. What other techniques do you use to pitch customer success stories?
2. Have you been effective in pitching stories?
3. Please share a success story.