Press Releases must work or else there would not be millions of them each year. I am reminded of the old saying attributed to John Wannamaker. “I know advertising works half the time, I just don’t know which half.”
If you are not swayed by my general point about Press Releases working, then consider these benefits of Press Releases.
1. Search Engine Optimization
Build links back to your site to bring new visitors. Links help with your credibility as a website. Thus, the more credibility the higher you arrear in search results.
2. Provide News on Social Media Sites like LinkedIn and Facebook
We are constantly looking for status updates. A Press Release is a perfect opportunity to briefly describe the situation and provide a link.
3. New Content for Your Website
Spiders on search engines like Google and Bing are always looking for new content. Oblige them by adding the press release to your website.
4. A Quick Way to Touch a Customer
Send the press release to a customer to keep them current on your firm’s activities.
5. Send it to Top Prospects
Similar to the idea of keeping customers in the loop it may be even more important to let prospects know your good news. Prospects are still forming opinions about your firm and whether they should take a leap and partner with you to meet their needs.
6. Create and Reinforce the Habit of Writing Press Releases
Press Releases are beneficial. They have many uses which might just land you a coveted interview or press exposure.
Over to you. What are your thoughts on these questions?
- What other ways to you use Press Releases?
- What has been your experience with Press Releases?
- What advice would you provide to someone just getting started with Press Releases?Why Should I Bother with a Press Release?